Browse through the different resource sections above to locate resources. Please be patient as we add more resources. You can submit resources via our form.
This report, by the National Task Group on Intellectual Disabilities and Dementia Practices, summarizes challenges in the United States surrounding the increasing rate of older people with intellectual and developmental disabilities having dementia. The report finds that though the research about the causes and factors influencing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease are better known, the social care system still remains challenged with offering the best and most efficacious ways to identify, support, and care for older people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and dementia.
This report also offers recommendations and suggestions on how to address the needs and help adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities affected by dementia. These include: early and periodic diagnostic services, training and education about dementia, and community-based and home-based supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities affected by dementia.
Submitted by The Arc.
- Expressing Yourself: Assessing Self Determination in Your Life January 10, 2012
- Gateways to Self Determination January 10, 2012
- Self Determination Strategies January 10, 2012
- Self-Determination and People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: What Does The Research Tell Us? January 10, 2012
- SparkAction January 10, 2012
- ACT (Advocating Change Together) January 10, 2012
- KASA (Kids As Self Advocates) Resources January 10, 2012
- Reap What You Sow Curriculum and Trainings January 10, 2012
- Leaders with Developmental Disabilities in the Self-Advocacy Movement January 10, 2012